The PanAm Post has an immediate opening for an editor and translator, with a focus on translations from English to Spanish and copyediting of Spanish. With more than a dozen columnists and an even greater number of bloggers — evenly split between Spanish and English — this individual would facilitate the swift processing and release of this growing supply of content in both languages.
Reporting to the editor and chief, the individual would work remotely, from 7:00 am to 4:00 p.m. EST/EDT during the week. While the location is flexible and the outlet’s base is in Miami, an ideal candidate would be in a major urban center in Latin America.
- Translate approximately 10 articles each week
- Oversee the layout and appearance of articles, including various media embeds
- Edit articles for both style and grammar, and tailor headlines to the language
- Fact check articles and maintain content integrity
- Write blog posts and news briefs when time is available
- Engage with social media for topic ideas and to promote PanAm content
- Bilingual, ideally a native Spanish speaker
- A high level of writing and editing competence with Latin-American Spanish
- Confident, self-directed, and flexible in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines
- Interest in and support for independent media, free speech, and civil liberties
- Experience as a reporter, columnist, or blogger
- Knowledge of HTML and WordPress
[contact-form-7 id=”48705″ title=”Translation and Spanish-Language Editor”]